|Platforms||PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Rating||Everyone 10+ (ESRB)|
|Genre||Turn-based strategy, artillery|
Worms Battlegrounds is a Worms game released on May 30, 2014 in EU and June 3, 2014 in the US on PSN/Xbox Live Arcade along with a retail version. It has been described to be the biggest entry ever yet in the series. The game is available in English (US), French, Spanish, German and Italian.
Worms Battlegrounds has new and returning features such as classes from Worms Revolution and the clans system from Worms Clan Wars. Water dynamics in Worms Battlegrounds are also improved. New features include a map editor to create and test maps for online and offline gameplay. Customisation is also improved. The Xbox One version also allows the use of Xbox Smartglass.
All the weapons from Worms Clan Wars are included, such as the Winged Monkey, which can fly through the map and drop objects everywhere, and the Teleport Gun, a revamped version of the Ninja Rope that can Teleport the user to where the laser hits, without ending the player's turn. The Holy Hand Grenade, Water Bomb and the Concrete Donkey also returned.
- Main article, Missions in Worms Battlegrounds.
- Main article: Worms Battlegrounds/Achievements and Trophies
- This is the first game in the Worms series to arrive on eighth generation consoles. The second being Worms W.M.D..
- Worms Battlegrounds appears to be Worms Clan Wars for consoles.
- In fact, this game features no new weapons/utilities; it includes all the weapons and utilities already seen in its predecessor, Worms Clan Wars.
- This game was the free game for Xbox Live Gold in December 2014 for the Xbox One.
- On January 19, 2015, a new expansion pack was announced. It is called Worms Battlegrounds: Alien Invasion, and was announced on Worms' official Facebook page.
|2D variants||First Generation|
Worms Open Warfare •
Worms (2007) •
Worms Open Warfare 2 •
Worms: A Space Oddity •
Worms 2: Armageddon •
Worms Reloaded •
Worms Battle Islands