|Damage|| 20 HP (Missile),|
About 4 HP/Cluster
|Additional effects||Launches a Cluster Bomb-like explosive|
|Appears in||Worms 2 - Worms Forts: Under Siege and Worms WMD|
You can use the up and down arrow keys (or analog stick) to aim. Pressing the fire button will automatically fire the mortar at full power. It explodes on impact and sends out tiny clusters that cause some damage. It is slightly affected by wind and gravity. The mortar itself deals 20 damage and every cluster (6 in total) deals an additional 20 damage. It deals more damage and has only 3 clusters in Worms Forts: Under Siege, and must be fired from on top of a building, as it is a Tier 2 weapon.
Tips & Tricks
- If playing with the "Using a weapon doesn't end your turn, mode." Wormpot setting, it is possible to rapid fire the mortar dozens of times, causing massive amounts of damage over a large area.
- The clusters will come out with an angle depending on the angle the mortar was fired, except in Worms Forts: Under Siege, where they always fall in the same way.
- In Worms 3D, if an enemy worm is standing in a gap in the landscape, the clusters from the mortar won't spread at all, and you can deal up to 85 damage.
- In Worms Forts: Under Siege, the clusters always fall almost precisely where the weapon hits, but bounce upwards, making firing it at the base of a building (particularly weaker ones) significantly more effective.
- If you use it correctly, it will do up to 70 damage.
- In Worms Forts: Under Siege it looks like a bishop (person), and the clusters become books.
- In Worms 3D, the mortar shooter looks like a Pirate Ship cannon and shoots out a cannonball.
- In the Wormopedia, it appeared green instead of blue.
- The explosion and the clusters do less damage than the Shotgun and more damage than the Skunk and the Petrol Bomb. That's why in the Special Weapons Market, it is the cheapest.
- In Worms Clan Wars, it is called the Mega Mortar and it is the better version of this weapon.