|Appears in||Worms 4: Mayhem, Worms: Ultimate Mayhem|
The Icarus Potion is a utility exclusive to Worms 4: Mayhem and Worms: Ultimate Mayhem. When consumed, your worm will sprout wings, and can fly to potentially any point on the map. Unlike the Jet Pack, which has a finite fuel source, the Icarus Potion lasts until the end of the player's turn. The Icarus Potion can also be used as an antidote for a poisoned worm, and can also cure the effects from an Alien Abduction. It is harder to use than the Jet Pack, but lasts longer.
Using the Icarus Potion
Select the Icarus Potion from the weapons panel, and press the fire button to drink it. Tap the jump button rhythmically to flap your worm's wings and gain altitude. If the rhythm is broken, the worm will flutter helplessly and begin falling back to earth, so use it carefully.
Tips & Tricks
- If you're good with the pattern of button-pressing required to use the Icarus Potion, it can be much better to use than the Jet Pack. On the other hand, if you have problems with the rhythm or you're only travelling a short distance, it might be wiser to opt for the Jet Pack anyway.
- You can create a macro that presses the space bar every 0.3 seconds (300 milliseconds) to be able to fly very easily.
- There is a popular glitch/cheat in Worms 4: Mayhem known as the "Icarus Cheat". To activate the glitch, you must select the Icarus Potion from the weapons panel, use it, then quickly select another weapon (the Holy Hand Grenade, for example) right after you use the Icarus Potion. This will cause the selected weapon to be spammed without even ending the player's turn, and can cause mass destruction. Just don't select an Air Strike weapon after you use the Icarus Potion, because it will cause the game to freeze. The glitch won't work if you don't select another weapon quickly enough after using the Icarus Potion, and some weapons are not effected at all by this glitch, such as the flood. This glitch was fixed in Worms: Ultimate Mayhem.
- Also, the Icarus Potion still cures your worm (if it is poisoned or turned into an alien) and gives it wings when the glitch is activated, which means you can fly your worm around the landscape while it spams weapons, causing immense amounts of destruction and may even kill everyone on the landscape. You can also spam your own Team Weapon with this glitch.
- Be warned that some weapons are spammed much more with this glitch - for example, the bazooka and grenade are spammed once every split second, while other weapons such as dynamite and Sheep are spammed every millisecond and will freeze the game if the player does not stop spamming the weapon in less than one second.