|Damage||About 7 HP per cluster|
|Additional effects||Explosion, clusters|
|Appears in||All Worms games|
Cluster Bomb is one of the bombs that showers exploding bomb fragments. The Cluster Bomb is one of the weakest weapons, but a useful weapon in some occasions. It's shaped like a grenade but a different color. It causes damage up to 7 per shard.
Catch them all!
Another Cluster weapon; this Grenade-like weapon first explodes after it's fuse burns down, and showers the surrounding area with powerful cluster fragments.
The actual explosion from the Grenade doesn't do much damage, it's the clusters that contain all the power and so the key to this weapon is trying to make all the clusters hit the same place.
The amount of damage the Cluster Bomb does is dependent on how many clusters hit the target.
There is a trick, which is usually frowned upon in Worms playing circles. It involves placing a Cluster Bomb beneath a Worm at such an angle so that when the bomb explodes all the clusters instantly explode and inflict maximum damage. This requires the target Worm to be standing on a slope, stand as close to them as possible and aim the weapon all the way to the ground. Place it next to them and run away! With a bit of luck, this move can do a devastating 100 points of damage, not bad for a free weapon!
Use the arrow keys to aim, spacebar to fire and the numbers 1-5 to set the fuse.
Tips & Tricks
- If you miss a worm with the bomb, the clusters can still hit so make sure to aim well for the best results.
- You can climb up an enemy worm and drop the bomb on his head. You'll want a long fuse since you've got to run away to safety.
- The Cluster Bomb can also be used as a poor man's Air Strike, by timing the Cluster Bomb to detonate in mid-air above the target, this is however not something to rely a lot on as the spread of the shards can be excessive, and as such should only be used if the landscape is filled with mines, Oil Drums, crates etc.
- This can be one of the better countermeasures who are playing the Darkside way - throw one in a hole where they dug with a Blow Torch/Pneumatic Drill for large amounts of tasty destruction.
- In Worms Forts Under Siege, the Cluster Bomb is replaced by the Cluster Launcher and must be fired from a Tower or above.
- In the other Worms Games, the cluster bomb looks like a red or light brown Grenade but in Worms 3D, the shape looks similar to the weapon that Maori people used in the New Zealand legends.