In both games, buying everything (including all of the Sets but not loyalties) will unlock The Kitchen Sink' scheme in the Item Shop.
The Alien set unlock did not appear in Worms 4: Mayhem as an enemy but did appear Worms: Ultimate Mayhem's 'Worms 3D' Campaign's Lunar-themed levels. The soundbank contained in the set is different to the soundbank of the same name that appeared in Worms 3D, Worms (2007) and Worms: Open Warfare and is more talkative than usual.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, complete all the Time Bonuses in Story Mode.
The Cyborg set unlock appeared in the last tutorial level.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, obtain all requirements for the Trophy Cabinet.
- In Worms Ultimate Mayhem you must complete all the tutorial levels instead of trophies. This was because of achievements.
The Dino set unlock appeared in the last four levels of the Story Mode, first in 'Escape From Tree-Rex'.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, you must beat all Challenge times.
The Professor set unlock is the first to obtain in both games and is somewhat akin to Professor Worminkle.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, you must complete the Story Mode for the first time.
The Wormenstein set unlock is somewhat akin to that of Frankenstein's monster in 1931. The soundbank is different to the soundbank of the same name that appeared as an easter egg in the level Grave Danger in Worms 3D and is more talkative than usual.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, beat all the Deathmatch challenge times.