|Damage||75 HP per shard (second generation) |
52 HP per shard (third generation)
|Effect||Explodes and releases exploding clusters|
|Affected by||Gravity, explosions|
|Appears in||All Worms game (except Worms Forts: Under Siege)|
The Banana Bomb (affectionately called The Soft Fruit of Doom) is a much more powerful version of the Cluster Bomb. Just like the cluster bomb, it is triggered by a timed fuse (one to five seconds), which starts when the bomb is thrown. It is thrown with variable power. It explodes with the force of Dynamite, and scatters five banana shards. The shards explode on contact, also with the force of dynamite. As with any cluster weapon, the banana bomb is more devastating in confined spaces. The Banana Bomb is extremely powerful and deals damage of up to 52 (75 in 2nd generation games) per shard, and can kill a Worm with full health.
Banana Bomb in the WormopediaEdit
The Soft Fruit of Doom!
This is like a heavily pumped up version of the Cluster Bomb.
After the Banana Bombs fuse burns down it splits into six Banana-Bomblets, which shower the landscape and cause mass devastation.
Watch out though, if you aim this high into the air there is a chance that the bombs will spread out far enough to damage one of your own Worms.
Each of these bombs can cause up to a maximum of 75 points of damage each.
If you want to inflict an insane amount of damage on your opponent but don't mind sacrificing a Worm in the process you can try this out. Place the Banana Bomb directly on top of your enemies head, just before the bomb is about the explode do a vertical jump. All the Banana-Bomblets will explode instantly as they hit your Worm and this will consume a stupid amount of health from your enemy. A good measure against those players who collect every health crate they see!
Second generation gamesEdit
Each of the Banana Bomb's clusters inflict damage of up to 75 HP. The Banana Bomb explodes and splits into six Banana Bomb clusters.
Third generation gamesEdit
The Banana Bomb deals damage of up to 52 HP each and splits into five bomblets.
Using the Banana BombEdit
Just like the Cluster Bomb, use the arrow keys to aim, Fire Button to fire and the numbers 1-5 set the fuse.
Tips & TricksEdit
- This weapon is very powerful as each single shard has the same force as Dynamite, so you should practice aiming it as otherwise you might accidentally kill your own worm(s) or throw it too far from the enemy.
- The Banana Bomb bounces on contact with the land, so throwing it too hard will cause it to bounce far away from your target.
- Placing a Banana Bomb near an explosive (ex: oil drum) the bananalets will soar and cause mass focus damage.
- The Banana Bomb is a reference to a weapon from Gorillas (video game).
- In Worms Armageddon there is an unlockable cheat that "upgrades Banana Bombs into Super Banana Bombs", except it doesn't do that at all, and instead changes the power so that 8 banana clusters are released with each inflicting maximum damage of 100 points.
- Strangely, the Banana Bomb isn't a superweapon, although it's incredibly powerful.
Part of the content here was copied from the Banana Bomb entry on worms2d.info