The Banana Bomb
|Damage|| 75 HP per shard (2nd generation) |
52 HP per shard (3rd generation)
|Additional effects||Explodes into exploding clusters|
|Appears in||All Worms (series)|
Just like the Cluster Bomb, the Banana Bomb it is triggered by a timed fuse (one to five seconds), which starts when the bomb is thrown. It is thrown with variable power. It explodes with the force of Dynamite, and scatters multiple banana shards. The shards explode on contact, also with the force of Dynamite. As with any cluster weapon, the Banana Bomb is more devastating in confined spaces. The Banana Bomb is extremely powerful and deals damage of up to 75 (52 in 3rd generation games) per shard, and can kill a worm with full health.
- See also: Wormopedia
1st/2nd generation games
Each of the Banana Bomb's clusters inflict damage of up to 75 HP. The Banana Bomb explodes and splits into six Banana Bomb clusters.
Appears in all 3D games in the series, and in the mobile version of Worms Forts: Under Siege. It splits into five Banana clusters and deals damage of up to 52 HP from each cluster and the Banana Bomb itself.
3rd generation games
Like in the 3D games, it splits into five shards and deals damage of up to 52 HP from each shard and the bomb itself.
Tips & Tricks
- This weapon is very powerful as each single shard has the same force as Dynamite, so you should practice aiming it as otherwise you might accidentally kill your own Worm(s) or throw it too far from the enemy.
- The Banana Bomb bounces on contact with the land, so throwing it too hard will cause it to bounce far away from your target.
- Placing a Banana Bomb near an explosive (such as an Oil Drum) will cause the shards to soar and cause mass focus damage.
- The Banana Bomb is a reference to a weapon from Gorillas.
- In Worms Armageddon, there is an unlockable cheat that "upgrades Banana Bombs into Super Banana Bombs", except it doesn't do that at all, and instead changes the power so that 8 banana shards are released with each inflicting maximum damage of 100 points.
- The Banana Bomb is not a superweapon, although it's incredibly powerful.
- Unlike the Cluster Bomb, the Banana Bomb shards are affected by explosions. As a result the weapon is unstable since the shards make powerful explosions.